I am Tuğçe from Turkey. I am geography teacher. I am living in a quite dynamic, colorful and historical city which has sea. Actually I began to writing in my high school years but I haven't written much. Mostly I began writing after university. I created a blog and continued to write in there. Then I gave a break and start to write on my notebooks. I still write on my blog time to time.
- When do you find yourself journaling the most?I don’t usually write daily, sometimes I write after a few days but when I’m sad or very nervous, I start to write immediately and I write many pages ..Writing is such a comforting thing that it takes away all my problems..when I am happy, my pages become so colorful☺
- What inspires your writing and artwork?Actually everything has something which inspires me.. it is strange that mostly hand writings take my attention. People who are passing from the street, weather condition, lyrics of a song that i listened, a text that i read etc..there are so many sharings on instagram and pinterest which inspires me that i am lost when i enter them.
- What are your favorite journals to use, and what do you enjoy most about them?I have a very pretty notebook which has cute drawings. In every page there is a surprise drawing and i shape my writings according to it. And i like this. Apart from this, i like diaries which has iconic brand.
- Do you carry any of your journals around, or do you just store them someplace?I definitely hide it somewhere in home before I go to journey… nobody in home reads it but i don’t want it to be exposed anyway.
- What is your favorite stationery item at the moment?
Masking tapes, stamps and Daily stickers are my favorite things..
Even if you don’t have a nice notebook, you can create yourself a very good vintage notebook by the waste pieces that you have…and by doing this your pages are no more monotonous..now all you have to do is scratch those pages as you want… you can use different types of hand writings, pages from magazines or dried flowers.
I like to take analogue photographs. I have a photograph blog, I share my photos there.. moreover i like everything which is handmade . Making collage, canvas, drawing is really enjoying. Apart from this i like getting to know different cultures and travelling. I have been writing letters to different people in different countries..and i have lots of postcards☺
Thank you so much, Tuğçe, for sharing your lovely journal pages with us!
For all you wonderful readers looking to connect and to continue being inspired by Tuğçe's creative journaling, you can find more of her work here:
Click here to see more journal inspirations and past guests on The Journal Diaries.