The Daily Benefits of Gratitude Journaling
The self-help gurus and inspirational speakers I follow have all recommended this simple daily practice of just taking a few minutes out of the day to write down all of the things you are thankful for.
For some reason, it took me a while to jump on this wagon as for years I didn't think it would "do anything," or "make that much of a difference," for me.
Now that I've stuck with it for these past 5 months, I've noticed this shift within myself. I've become even more optimistic, open-minded, understanding and most importantly, happier.
I've also started to:
• Start the morning off with a great sense of appreciation for the day and all of the things that make it beautiful- the sun, the flowers, chirping birds, nature, things that tend to be overlooked.
• See more of the positives in life
• Find opportunities in even the smallest situations
• Focus and strengthen the confidence within myself, internally and externally
• Reduce those feelings of material "needs"
• Smile more - You'd be surprised on how many strangers actually give back that same warm smile in return. It's an amazing and uplifting feeling, let me tell you! (I highly recommend you giving it try, and experience it for yourself!)
More of this journal can be seen in my newest video below: